We are committed to our on-line job search process, and no longer will accept paper resumes for Teaching Positions. No phone calls or faxes please.
Interested professionals certified to teach and substitute are invited to apply online. The Merrick Union Free School District utilizes the OLAS System.
Click on the link below to register and apply.
Please apply online through OLAS.
The Merrick Union Free School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or genetic predisposition or carrier status in its educational programs or employment.
You will find new opportunities below
Multiple positions for the school year.
Excellent opportunity for new teacher or career opportunity for individual with Teaching Assistant certification.
- General Education Teaching or Special Education Teaching certificate strongly encouraged to apply
- Teaching Assistant Certification will be considered
- Experience supporting students within an academic environment
- Experience in implementing strategies to foster social skills development for students with autism and severe disabilities.
- Experience implementing behavior intervention plans.
- Support students 1:1 and in groups throughout the school day.
- Strictly follow an individualized behavior plan.
- Strictly follow an individualized health plan.
- Supervision of lunch and/or recess.
- Provide instruction in social skills development under the supervision of a teacher.
- Facilitate interactions between peers within an academic and social setting.
- Provide academic, behavioral and social interventions and support.